Preply, Product Manager
Alisa has a background in Data Science with a five-year track record in the field and a master's degree in this sphere.
Despite her background, she decided to switch to management and became Product Manager for the team where she initially worked as a Data Engineer.
Currently, she is enthusiastically developing her skills in her new role and drawing on her past experiences to excel as a Product Manager of Experimentation team at Preply.
From Engineering to Management: Synergies and Challenges (UA)
More about presentation:
Synergies of Engineering and Management:
• Process optimization
• Data-driven decision-making (and leveraging it for effective communication)
• Defining and measuring the success
• Understanding technical limitations and possibilities
Challenges of switching from Engineering to Management:
• From solving to defining the problems
• From “genius” to “genius maker”
• Navigating uncertainty